This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another Zambian Birthday

I can't believe I am older than a country. 

Zambia will celebrate 50 years of Independence this October and I have just celebrated 67 years on this earth.  Every time someone asks me what I miss from home while living in Zambia, I do not hesitate and reply - ROOTBEER.  It is nowhere to be found.  My daughter-in-law Kim sent me some root beer extract but I haven't found dry ice yet.  I am still looking.  I could make it with yeast but then I need a lot of bottles with lids that are topped very tight.  I was on the hunt to make root beer, but not doing very well in my pursuit.

Then my birthday came for a second time in Zambia and I had a hard time figuring out what was wrapped in that shape (12 cans) and so heavy, so I knew it wasn't shipped for me from America.

WHOOPEE !  ROOT BEER !


Kristi says she can't reveal her source but I am very very happy!