This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Friday, November 1, 2013

Tyred ?

British spelling prevails here.  Even the office computers auto correct to the British spelling.  It has plagued me since my mission to England and I thought I had overcome most of my U.S. spelling errors.  Now I am back to including lots of "U's" in the words;  colour,  neighbour, Saviour and favour.  It is looking quite natural again to me as I look at it.  Tyre is just one more British spelling along with getting them "mended" that is slipping into our vocabulary.


I count at least 25 on the wheelbarrow in front and 16 on the one across the road.

I  saw him coming in my rearview mirror and hoped he wouldn't loose his balance as he wove between cars getting to the other side of a divided road.  I didn't want tyres crushing the truck or windscreen and me having to pay for the damage.  He finally got in the right hand turn lane where I could get a photo.

I am always impressed with the physical shape the street merchants are in.
Everything has value and the Zambian economy moves on.