This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Everything Packed but the Cat!

Time to say goodbye to the ol' homestead.


We had five kids and two bedrooms when I started adding on with no money and a lot of faith.


The gazebo was added for Rebecca and Brent's wedding reception.  They painted the pool fence to cover the rust.  I am sure that is why they have a strong marriage.  :^)


I took out the big vegetable garden when it got too shady and went crazy into ornamentals.


I never thought the oak tree would grow so much bigger.  But what do I know?

The bedroom is stripped.  Carpets cleaned.  We bought the bed the first year of our marriage.


Nothing left but the cat (Abbey) wondering what is up.



We heard that the number one reason couples don't go on missions is not their aging parents but not being able to leave their pets.



Abbey is not the friendliest cat, but we have learned to tolerate each other.  When her feet are cold she will get on my lap, but it is strictly a one-way relationship.  I do hope she forgives us for turning her world upside-down when the new caretakers/feet warmers move in.  She seems a little bewildered right now, like both Kristi and I.