This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Bulletin Board

In the middle of November I mentioned that I received a pin from Elder Hawkins most likely because of the sayings I have on my bulletin board.


I now have four of them on the board that help me with my responsibilities here.

This one eliminates quite a bit of whining.   Sometimes after I point to it I still have to explain. 



This is my newest one.  I thought everyone at the young adult stage of life knew this, but a visual reminder doesn't hurt.  It certainly takes away some of the responsibility from the Senior Missionaries.  I  haven't experienced being sick in Zambia so far.  My only problem is the volume of each food group.  Perhaps that should be "eat sparingly from all food groups."


This one is very good for me.  It is sort of the opposite of the definition of insanity.
Sometimes solutions must be completely rethought out to succeed in a new way.
It is never too late to set new goals in life.



The saying below was the first one I put up and it has been up for over a year.  It has brought to me endless hours of guilt free time.  It is really nice and it feels good to be of service, and I really do want to make the young missionaries' lives as easy as possible.  However,  part of a mission experience is adding to your maturity and your ability to plan ahead and foresee consequences.
  
That is also the difficult part of parenting.  Watching and waiting for growth to take place.

This is also a good saying for parents everywhere.