This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Waste Not, Want Not

This hose sits on our lawn and is used for four or five different yards.
I finally took a photo of it as I was amazed at how many patches were on it.  I counted fourteen but it is still used everyday for washing cars and gardening.


I have often thrown something out just because I thought it looked shoddy.
I would have a lot more money in the bank if pride wasn't such a factor in my life.
But then my pants and house windows don't get a little extra spray when the this hose is directed elsewhere.  Disposable money is not available in much of the world and the choice to repair something is then obvious.  
I suppose life is all about choices and deciding what is most important to you in the long run with what resources you have available.