This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Sunday, September 29, 2013

No Internet

This has been a grim month for internet connection.  The Copperbelt area and Malawi have had their troubles with the internet in our mission but I was thinking we were in pretty good shape here in Lusaka.  I was wrong again.  I went to the internet office (Zamtel) a few times a week this month to complain either about our house or the mission home's lack of internet.  I always ask for a phone number but I have yet to have anyone answer any telephone at the telephone company.   They said there was "mischief" in our areas but when I pressed them for details, nothing made sense.

At any rate, this is what I do when there is no internet and we have an hour or two at home.  I found two puzzles in town.  Not at toy, book or game stores, but at a grocery store.  So now I am putting together an Italian Tuscan painting scene one little piece at a time in the evening.  It is tough when the lights go dim at night to see the colors.


This makes our table a little constricted, but I did find a nice piece of cardboard for the extra pieces.   

Obviously,  I have not been able to post too many blog items this month.  I have wondered if anyone looked at my blog.  I made the blog public and it is a little restrictive as to what I can comment on.  I would sort of like to comment on what people I run into and what I really think about some issues or people, more like a personal journal, but then I would have to make it private.  Since I don't allow comments on the blog I am not certain what direction to take.

This puzzle activity is just one more indication that life as a senior missionary is sort of reminiscent of early marriage in a lot of ways.