This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Glorious Chocolate

It is the small comforts that bring satisfaction.
It is not Hershey's in a can, and the texture is rather strange.  It thickens up when it gets cold on the ice cream but it definitely tastes like CHOCOLATE.


Tonight I will make "Duffy Mud" in honor of Duff Lindberg who smashed and swirled his vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup until the perfect soft chocolate textured ice cream appeared in his bowl.  He named it for himself at eight years old and I have never forgotten.  Today is his birthday.

Thank you South Africa for producing this and SPAR market for trying to market it here in Zambia!
Now if I could just watch the Oakland A's race for the pennant.