This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Should I Be Worried?

We stopped by the store for a few things on Saturday night on the way home.
I do my best to act interested in this "team" shopping that we are now experiencing.
I can find chocolate and ice cream but I don't get too excited if the price of bread goes up or down.

The store we go to is one of the biggest in town 
but it is the size of a small ten alley bowling establishment.  
(I just realized there are no bowling alleys here, another way to make a million $).

Back to the photo below.  
In this small establishment all of this shelf space was dedicated to bug sprays.
You have three options, Doom, Raid, and the Spar store generic brand.


Are they trying to tell me something?

I have had a couple of bites in the seven weeks we've been here but haven't seen anything like I had anticipated.  Perhaps it is coming as the weather warms up.  This is still considered "winter."

You can see this aisle was not too popular, but I must warn you Saturday night is NOT the time to shop in Lusaka.


The check out lines were very long.
Having become separated from my companion 
I wondered how I would find her in such a big crowd.
Then I turned the corner and wham! 
there was this little grey haired "muzungu" who was hard to miss.

I keep forgetting we look so different from everyone else.


Just ask anyone where the other white person with a missionary badge is and they can tell you.