This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sort of a Roomy Jail Cell/Coffin

We lock ourselves in the house whenever we are here.  We are just following the advice we get from everyone.  You will notice the bars on the windows.  I think they are rather attractive as far as bars on windows go.

 

Looking out it doesn't seem quite so bad - sort of arty and they are painted white, which helps.


These are the bars at the other couples home and I sort of feel like I am in jail.


This is our front door.  It is sort of pretty - some might say "elegant".
I think it is sort of cold since it is all metal with thick glass.
That design is made out of stainless steel.  It is 1/4 inch by 1 inch thick steel and is a deterrent from unauthorized entry.


Every time I get inside and turn the strange key around twice the four dead bolts move into place with a very solid clunk.


This is what gets to me.  This material the door is made of reminds me of some coffins I have seen.
I hate to get morbid but I really prefer wood.  It has such a warmer feel to it.