This is a quote from "Hillel the Elder" from the first century. (I thought I was so original!)

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Forty-Four Years of Coming Together

There are Some Differences

We have been closer together (literally) these past few days.  It is down to the point of sharing toothpaste again.  We haven't tried that since we were first married.  I knew we had separate tubes and I had forgotten why that started.  Growing up, our family all used the same toothpaste tube.  Well, all of a sudden I had a flash back and immediately remembered our first agreement to disagree.

Here is the proof.

Guess which tube of toothpaste belongs to whom?



I think most would guess incorrectly, as I am known as the messy, casual one.
Mine is the bottom one.

Surprisingly, it is Kristi who feels no need to see the paste is retracted into the tube before closing the top.  Screw on or flip-top it doesn't make a difference, her tube of toothpaste will always be this dried mess of stuff, that she squirts Crest paste through in ever decreasing spurts of paste.  I just can't figure it out either, but that is what marriage is all about - overlooking the little things  and moving on.
Thank heavens that we can afford two tubes at the same time!

May all of our differences be so easy to adjudicate.